SummaryThe Scheduled job manager is a portlet plugin that displays all Message Listeners (Quartz Scheduler Jobs) that Liferay portal server is running. The portal admin can do some actions like execute, pause and resume these jobs or shutdown the service.
The Scheduled job manager is a portlet plugin that displays a list of the Message Listeners (Quartz Scheduler Jobs). The portal admin can execute, pause and resume every job in the list. Another action that portal admin can do is shutdown the Message Listener Service. The admin needs to be very careful, because that action will stop the Message Listener Service and each scheduled Job, then the admin will need to restart the server to start all those jobs.
The Scheduled job manager is a lightweight plugin, so the installation is fairly simple. The installation steps are as follows:
- Obtain the Scheduled job manager app from the Liferay Marketplace.
- Deploy the app in your existing out the Liferay installation. If you haven’s installed Liferay, please download and follow the instructions to do so.
- Go to Control Panel -> Configuration.
- Click “Scheduled job manager”.
The portlet should look like this:
In Liferay versions older than CE GA3 or EE SP9 the execute button will be hidden because the functionality is not compatible.
- The pause/resume function will not work properly in Liferay EE SP9 and SP10 because of a change in the Quartz library (https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-50788), however this can be solved with the Liferay Fixpack Portal 39-6210.
The latest source code is located at the following location:
We welcome feature/bug reports concerning the Scheduled job manager and the nature of its data. Discussion helps clarify the ways the app can be used and also helps define directions for future development. Please post your concerns at http://issues.rivetlogic.com/browse/LRA
Fix: Several improvements submitted by Tobias Liefke, thanks for that.
New feature: execute functionality when supported by Liferay server.
Fix: handling issues after change in Quartz lib version.
New feature: Help page..