SummaryThis app allows members of a site to submit questions and answers using a very intuitive design.
This app can be placed in any page in a portal and all users with access to it can participate in discussions.
When submitting a new question the users can choose a category to make it easier to find in searches:
Users can also create new categories and subscribe to existing ones to follow all related questions:
Users can attach any file type to a question, some such as images have inline previews available:
Quick Questions is a lightweight plugin, so the installation is fairly simple. The installation steps are as follows:
- Obtain the Quick Questions app from the Liferay Marketplace.
- Deploy the app in your existing out of the box Liferay installation. If you haven't installed Liferay, please download and follow the instructions to do so.
- The app integrates with Liferay's message boards providing a easy to use interface.
- Users can include attached files to questions and answers.
- Questions can be organised using categories
- Users can search by content and filter by categories.
The latest source code is located at the following location:
We welcome feature/bug reports concerning the Form Saver app. Discussion helps clarify the ways the app can be used and also helps define directions for future development. Please post your concerns at http://issues.rivetlogic.com/browse/LRA