This app allows you to show a summary of your personal data on your profile page.
With this app you can show info from your profile like profile image, description, birthday, email, skype, and skills and hobbies info. Also you can add information about you and a quote that will be shown in the summary.
Profile Summary is a lightweight plugin, so the installation is fairly simple. The installation steps are as follows:
- Obtain the Profile Summary app from the Liferay Marketplace.
- Deploy the app in your existing out of the box Liferay installation. If you haven't installed Liferay, please download and follow the instructions to do so.
- Go to your profile page.
- Click “Add” and search for Profile Summary.
It is that easy to install the Profile Summary app. The installation steps may vary depending on the Liferay version in use.
- Show your profile info in your personal page.
- Add a brief description about you to show in the profile.
- Include a quote for the profile, it will be shown below you main info.
- Add skills and hobbies info on your profile and it will be shown on the profile summary
Organization Team (Vocabulary-Category field)
To see the steps to create the vocabulary to go Mobile People directory
To configure the portlet to display the Organization team field go to configuration and select the Vocabulary created
Save the configuration and the field will be displayed
The latest source code is located at the following location:
(this is not yet on github, only on intranet git for now)
Known Liferay issues
We welcome feature/bug reports concerning the Profile Summary app. Discussion helps clarify the ways the app can be used and also helps define directions for future development. Please post your concerns at http://issues.rivetlogic.com/browse/LRA