SummaryThe Google Hangouts app allows to start a new conversation with portal users.
- List all users in the portal with their primary email.
- Create a Hangout with single or multiple users
- Save favorite groups and load them on demand
- List all favorite groups that are saved along with options to View/Edit/Delete
- Set the number of Users and Groups per page
- Obtain the Hangouts app from the Liferay Marketplace.
- Deploy the app in your existing out of the box Liferay installation. If you haven't installed Liferay, please download and follow the instructions to do so.
- Go to site page where you intend to add the Hangouts app.
- Click “Add” and search for Hangouts or navigate to Social category under registered Applications.
- To change the number of Users/Groups per page displayed, navigate to Preferences by clicking Options wheel on top right corner of app.
- Modify the values as needed and click Submit to persist the changes.
The Hangouts chat application is divided into two sections,
- The upper section of the app allows to create User groups by selecting their email.
- Once a group is selected, the user can Open in Hangouts.
- The selections can be saved for further use with appropriate names.
- The bottom section of the app displays the users in portal along with their email.
The latest source code is located at the following location:
We welcome feature/bug reports concerning the Hangouts app. Discussion helps clarify the ways the app can be used and also helps define directions for future development. Please post your concerns at http://issues.rivetlogic.com/browse/LRA