SummaryThis is a calculator with the basic mathematical operations and memory functions.
The calculator app has the basic mathematical operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and four buttons for memory operations (memory recall, memory clear, memory add and memory subtract). Also has a reset and decimal point buttons.
Calculator is a lightweight plugin, so the installation is fairly simple. The installation steps are as follows:
- Obtain the Calculator app from the Liferay Marketplace.
- Deploy the app in your existing out of the box Liferay installation. If you haven't installed Liferay, please download and follow the instructions to do so.
- Go to site page where you intend to add Calculator app.
- Click “Add” and search for Calculator.
It is that easy to install the Calculator app. The installation steps may vary depending on the Liferay version in use. Remember that the UI has changed significantly in 6.2 GA1.
- You can do as many operations as you want without pressing the "=" button, the current result would be shown in its display.
- After you press "=", you can continue pressing it and the last operation would be performed over the current result.
- If the result is too long, the number would be formatted to fit properly in the text input.
- If you do an invalid operation, you'll get an "ERROR" message and the calculator would be automatically reset.
- The calculator display cannot be edited, but you can copy the content on it as any other regular input.
- You can also use the keyboard to type the numbers, perform mathematical operations or reset the calculator (this feature is supported on Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE). Some particular keyboard functions are:
- Esc: resets the calculator.
- Delete: removes the least significant digit.
- Enter: same behavior as "=" key.
The latest source code is located at the following location:
We welcome feature/bug reports concerning the Calculator. Discussion helps clarify the ways the app can be used and also helps define directions for future development. Please post your concerns at http://issues.rivetlogic.com/browse/LRA