SummaryThis rule is a plugin for the Audience Targeting app created by Liferay, it allows you to create user segments based on the values of custom fields added to the user profiles.
The Audience Targeting app provides a great number of rules for Liferay's built in fields, however with this plugin you will be able to include custom fields created either by other plugins or by the portal administrator using the control panel.
We can't share this rule in the Liferay Marketplace because it is only for extensions of Liferay Portal and not for extensions of portlets. However you can build it directly from git, or use this binary file.
The Custom Field Rule requires the Audience Targeting app to be deployed first. The installation steps are as follows:
- Obtain the Audience Targeting app from the Liferay Marketplace. (for EE users, for CE users)
- Deploy the Audience Targeting app in your existing out of the box Liferay installation. If you haven't installed Liferay, please download and follow the instructions to do so.
- Obtain the Custom Field Rule from the Liferay Marketplace.
- Deploy the plugin in your Liferay installation.
The installation steps may vary depending on the Liferay version in use.
For more information about how to use the Audience Targeting app you can check Liferay's official documentation: Targeting Content to your Audience
To assure the Custom Field Rule is able to work properly for all users the fields need to have the View permission for the User role:
- Works out of the box with custom fields added from other plugins or from the control panel.
- Offers different options according to the custom field type, currently supports: Text, Numbers, Booleans and Dates.
The latest source code is located at the following location:
We welcome feature/bug reports concerning the Custom Field Rule plugin. Discussion helps clarify the ways the app can be used and also helps define directions for future development. Please post your concerns at http://issues.rivetlogic.com/browse/LRA