Please follow the following steps:
- Get our HR Portal app from the Liferay Marketplace.
- Deploy the app in your existing out of the box Liferay installation. If you haven't installed Liferay, please download and follow the instructions to do so from here: …
- Create a file called portal-ext.properties in the root folder of your Liferay installation and add the following in it, for 6.1 use journal.template.velocity.restricted.variables= and for 6.2 use velocity.engine.restricted.variables=. The name of this property changed after this version.
- Go to Control Panel -> Sites
- Create four blank sites named as following:
- HR Portal
- HR Community
- Employee Corner
- Navigation Site
- Import the following LAR files into the sites you've just created (don't forget to check "Categories" & "Permissions" while importing):
|LAR||Liferay Version 6.1.1 CE GA2||Liferay Version 6.1.20||Liferay Version 6.1.30|
|HR Portal Site||hr_portal_6101.lar||hr_portal_6120.lar||hr_portal_6130.lar|
|HR Community Site||hr_community_6101.lar||hr_community_6120.lar||hr_community_6130.lar|
|Employee Corner Site||employee_corner_6101.lar||employee_corner_6120.lar||employee_corner_6130.lar|
And that's all there is to it. By now, you should have an HR Portal that's just empty and without anything meaningful. If you navigate to the homepage of HR Portal site, it should look like the following:
This is perfectly fine. The big gray box in the middle is an empty carousel waiting to be utilized. The three boxes (Employee of the Quarter, Executive Messages, and Corporate News) under it are Asset Publishers that can render a single item. Every new content being created via these publishers can be added to the carousel by just tagging it with the appropriate category. Go ahead and and get yourself comfortable with the portal by checking all the sections and creating new content.
Feel free to get in touch with us if you've any questions or concerns; to report bugs/improvements, please create tickets here: http://issues.rivetlogic.com/browse/HRPORTAL