Crafter Rivet is a full featured, end-to-end web content and experience management and delivery platform.
Crafter Rivet consists of two components: Crafter Engine for the delivery of your content and behavior, and Crafter Studio for the management of your content, site templates, users, and campaigns.
Crafter Engine serves as middleware between content published from Alfresco (along with other data and content sources) and the front-end Web application for your sites. Crafter Engine provides a powerful set of Spring services available through both Java APIs and Restful APIs for Web application developers.
Crafter Studio is a complete authoring and publishing environment for managing Web and enterprise content. As a major extension to the Alfresco content management system, Crafter Studio is a user-friendly – and totally extensible – platform for managing the entire site visitor experience of any website, intranet, extranet, or social application. Moreover, Crafter Studio provides native support for multi-channel and multi-site management enabling business users to ensure a consistent, engaging experience across all online channels and touch points.
End-user features for content authoring and publishing include:
- Dashboards for viewing and managing tasks, content updates, workflow events, reports, and content publishing.
- Live Preview to see all content changes within the context of the entire site.
- In-context Editing of all Web content with Live Preview, allowing rapid content editing/review/publishing cycles.
- In-line Editing of textual content on any Web page, providing true WYSIWYG content editing.
- Multi-channel management and preview, with native in-context preview of any mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android phone, etc.)
- Multiple ways to navigate and find site content - Browse the site directly and edit in-context, tree-view, search, etc.
- Rich content editing capabilities including a full HTML editor, an image gallery, etc.
- Dynamic updating of navigation (menus, faceted navigation, etc.)
- Full support of Alfresco's underlying workflow engine for content review/approval prior to publishing to Production.
- Publishing content to Production in either real-time or according to configurable schedules.
Developer features include:
- Service-oriented architecture with RESTful APIs for all underlying services for developing customizations and extensions.
- Crafter Studio is built on Alfresco Share, using Spring Surf for rapid front-end development and providing access to all of Alfresco's underlying content management services.
- Uses Orbeon – the leading open source XForms engine – for rendering rich and extensive Web forms as the primary content authoring interface.
- Toolbar overlay provides the foundation for in-context & in-line editing of content right on any webpage. Crafter Studio provides significant content editing capabilities not available anywhere else in the Alfresco platform or community.
- 100% free and open source
Check out some screenshots of the Crafter Studio user interface here.
Crafter Rivet is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 3.